Meeting Room Information
The Marion Carnegie Library meeting rooms are provided as a service to the community. Permission to use a library space does not imply endorsement of any organization or group’s policies or beliefs. The Marion Carnegie Library director authorizes the use of meeting rooms and maintains the schedule. In the event of questionable activities or objectives of a requesting group or organization, the Marion Carnegie Library Board of Trustees has the final authority in granting or refusing permission for room usage. The Board of Trustees may amend these policies at any time.
The director or senior staff member is authorized to terminate the meeting of any group that becomes disorderly, objectionable, or fails to adhere to the library’s meeting room policies. The following rules apply to all groups and organizations using the library’s meeting rooms. Special permission must be obtained in writing from the director to depart from these rules.
• Rooms are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Preference will be given to library-sponsored events.
• Meeting rooms are available for use by organizations. For-profit organizations must pay a $50 non-refundable fee to secure a room. The library prohibits any group or organization from charging admission fees, with the exception of paid registrations for formal workshops or classes.
• Not-for-profit organizations are not charged a fee for the use of event space. A not-for-profit organization exists for educational or charitable reasons and focuses on a goal such as helping the community.
Rooms are available during regular library hours on days that the library is open. Library hours are Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Organizations are asked to clean up and depart library meeting rooms 30 minutes before closing. Failure to leave by closing time will result in forfeit of the deposit fee (if applicable) and denial of future use of library meeting rooms. To request a meeting room, organizations must fill out the meeting room request form below. Please allow at least 48 hours for room requests to be processed. Contact the library at 618-993-5935 for more information.
*ANY CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS MUST BE REPORTED TO THE LIBRARY, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. FAILURE TO NOTIFY THE LIBRARY WILL LEAD TO DENIAL OF FUTURE USE OF LIBRARY MEETING ROOMS.
MCL Study Room
The MCL Study Room is available to reserve – at no cost – for 2 hours at a time. Use the form below, visit the Main Floor circulation desk, or call 618-993-5935 to reserve the Study Room.
Check in at the library’s Main Desk. Your reservation will be canceled if you have not checked in within 15 minutes of your scheduled reservation time.
Maximum Capacity – 60
Room Setup Options:
Note: Other room arrangements can be requested, but cannot exceed the maximum capacity of the room. Room arrangements can be changed at the discretion of library staff.
Square – seats 24 – Tables and chairs in a square.
Lecture – seats 30 – Chairs in rows.
Classroom – seats 24 – tables and chairs facing the same direction.
U-Shape – seats 18 – standard seating, with one open side.
Equipment and Facilities
• No signs, displays, or exhibits may be attached to the walls.
• Organizations are responsible for the repair or replacement of damaged equipment, furniture, walls, or floors.
• The library is not responsible for items left on the premises.
• The McCoskey Room is equipped with an overhead projection unit with a projection screen, a DVD player, a laptop, a podium, and a microphone. The need for the equipment must be indicated when the room is booked.
Food and Beverages
Kitchen facilities are not available. Light food and beverages may be served. The organization is responsible for bringing any supplies (non-electrical) needed for food. They are responsible for clean-up. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
Book the McCoskey Room!
Fill out the form below. A library staff member will be in touch soon!