Lawyer in the Library
Need legal advice? A licensed attorney will be available for free 20-minute sessions. They will assist you with legal coaching, document review, e-filing, and referrals. Please bring paperwork that relates to your legal matter. Register for your free session at the Marion Carnegie Library Main Floor circulation desk.
- You are not eligible to participate if you are currently represented by an attorney.
- There is a maximum of one session per person, every 2 months. You are not eligible to register in 2 consecutive months.
- You must be a resident of the Illinois First Judicial Circuit. The First Judicial Circuit is comprised of the following counties:
Sponsored by: Self-Represented Litigant Coordinator Grant through Access to Justice Division, AOIC Brenda Sprague, Coordinator Office of the Chief Judge, First Judicial Circuit
If you are not a resident of one of the above-mentioned counties, take a look at the following websites for self-help.
Note: no legal advice is given via these websites. They provide only information.
- Illinois Court Help (or text or call 833-411-1121)
- First Circuit IL Website Self Help
- Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts Self Help
- Illinois Legal Aid Online
- Illinois Armed Forces Legal Aid Network (for veterans and their families)
- Land of Lincoln Legal Aid (downstate Illinois)
- Prairie State Legal Services (upstate Illinois)
- Illinois Attorney General Pro Bono Referrals
- Public Interest Law Initiative